Sport at Auburn High School
Auburn High School offers an extensive sporting program, with students able to participate in a variety of different sports every term. Teams take part in regular training sessions in the lead up to inter-school tournament days, building their skills, teamwork and comradery.
Teams and individuals that are successful at the tournament level then progress to Division level competition, before proceeding to Regional and State level competition. Auburn High School is part of the Mullum Division within the Eastern Metropolitan Region, in which we compete against 6 other schools in each of our term-based Interschool sport events and at our three major carnivals: swimming, cross country & athletics.
There are further sporting opportunities available to students through the Physical Education and Extra-curricular programs.
- Year 7 and 8 – Baseball (Boys), Volleyball, Softball (Girls), Tennis
- VCE and Year 9/10 – Baseball (Boys), Cricket, Softball (Girls), Tennis, Volleyball, Swimming Carnival
- Year 7, 8 & 9/10 – Badminton, AFL, Netball, Soccer
- VCE Day 1 – Basketball, Hockey, Soccer, Table Tennis
- VCE Day 2 – AFL (Boys), Netball (Girls), Badminton
- All Year Levels – AFL (Girls) & Netball (Boys)
- Cross Country
- Year 7 & 8 – Hockey, Basketball, Table Tennis
- Year 9/10 – Hockey, Table Tennis, Basketball
- Athletics Carnival
- Year 7 & 8 – T20 Blast Cricket, Gala Day Sports